Sunday, February 24, 2013

Born

It was a pleasant day, it was a happy day.

You woke up with the biggest smile on your face, and the best part you were wrapped around me so tightly I would of had to squirm my way out of your embrace.

I handed you the bag- and with each rip and tare, your smile widened- your mom couldn't believe how much I had spoiled you. I knew I went overboard but just seeing your reaction, well to me that was priceless.

We weren't even together at this point- but somehow we were. All you wanted was to be with me that day and night, and so it went...

---

Today's a different story though. You're 24, and last year is long forgotten.

You'll drink with friends and share a laugh or two. Perhaps you'll take a girl home from work or from the local bar and wake up next to a strangers face.

Here I sit thinking of you on this day- and how happy we were last year. So here's to you, here's to what we were and weren't and what we are today.

Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment