Saturday, December 15, 2012

Baby Proof

I stared at the contraption right in front of my eyes, while counting down from 60.
The box said 2-3 minutes but I couldn't wait that long...
One line indicated a no, two lines indicated a yes.

I slowly opened the side, to make sure I didn't wreck the contents on the inside.
I knew what was about to happen next, and it was my least favourite part.
Washing my hands rigorously I made sure to not bump the test off the counter.

Again I kept staring, I was at 30 seconds now.
The lines started to form...
From light pink to a dark red.

Did I want a girl or a boy, boy or a girl?
It didn't matter I just wanted one.
I was like a little girl, I wanted the surprise to be over.

I had to double check the box just to be sure.
I was right...
It was just as I expected.

Negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment